This year, the Youth department is partnering with the Music & Arts departments. Together we are offering 4 distinct teams with unique missions:
The dates in which you must be available for Hands On, CAST & Summer Brass will be June 6 – July 31, 2024, and your participation will be expected at Commissioning and OOB. The exact dates for Orientation and Debrief will be given at a later time.
1. Fill out the application at https://bit.ly/HandsOn-2024. Please note – this application is quite lengthy! Please set aside a time when you can complete it fully and thoughtfully. You will not be able to leave and resume your progress – it must be filled out in one sitting.
2. Please answer the following questions in 2-3 minute video format and upload it along with a photo of yourself to the link provided: https://tsaeshare.egnyte.com/ul/LetdQ4vDtV
(Please ensure that the video and photo are taken with a clean, plain backrgound, in a well lit area and in a selfie style facing forward using a phone for an easy and quick upload.)
- State your name, division, and corps.
- Describe your relationship with God. Please include how and when you accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and your understanding of God’s plan for salvation.
- Share something that you are proud of.
- Why do you want to be a Hands On Team Member this year?
- What do you hope to learn from this Hands On experience?
3. Schedule a 30-minute interview with Fabi Soto here: https://bit.ly/hands-on-booking-2024
Please note: if you need another day or time not listed here (such as a Saturday or evening appointment) to schedule your interview with Fabi, please email her directly to handle this: fa*******@us*.org
- All applicants must have a valid US passport prior to applying
- Must be an active Salvationist.
- Must own and be willing to wear a Salvation Army uniform as assigned.
- Must be 18 years old and graduated high school by January 1, 2024.
- Must provide 5 references: 1 personal reference (mentor, professor, friend), 1 professional reference (employer, teacher, coworker), 1 Corps Officer reference, 1 DYS reference, and 1 Divisional Commander reference no later than the application deadline.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability
- Must be active in corps ministries
- Must demonstrate emotional and spiritual maturity
- Must be a team player
- Must have a desire to learn and serve
- Must be able to travel both within and outside of the United States
- Must submit a 2-3 minute video submission (see application for more information)
- A complete Health History Form and physical examination will be required if chosen on a team
- Some Hands On teams may travel to countries where additional immunizations are required. Immunizations are the personal responsibility of the team members and proof of immunizations will be required prior to travel out of the USA.
- All team members will be required to participate in orientation and debriefing
Please send an email to Fabi Soto, our Young Adult and Missions Ministries Coordinator: fa*******@us*.org